About THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE
Therapeutic Massage can be defined as any work that engages and effects the body to help negotiate its relationships, optimize its balance of mobility and stability, and which improves the overall function, awareness and experience of the individual.
At BODY IN FOCUS, this manifests as the use of manual therapy techniques, treatment strategies, and client education. We work directly with the tissues of the body (ligaments, tendons, muscles, fascia/connective tissue, bone, etc...), incorporating postural and gait assessments, and use movement and awareness cues.
General goals of therapeutic massage
- bring ease and comfort into movement and posture
- help to resolve acute and/or chronic pain
- support systemic health and vitality
- injury assessment, recovery and prevention
- stress management
- develop improved functionality and resilience
- improve overall body awareness and image